Crème brûlée. Who doesn't love this classic! Now you can make this delicious dessert in your Airfryer.
- 2 vanilla pods
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 250 ml milk
- 10 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 70 g super-fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar candy
- 2 tablespoons super-fine white sugar
- Spun sugar (if desired)
- Pour the cream and milk in a pan. Cut open the vanilla pods and scrape the seeds out. Add to the cream and milk. Also add the vanilla pods, because they still give flavor. Heat the mixture on a medium heat (almost to boiling) and stir regularly with a whisk.
- Take two bowls. Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. You don't need the whites. Beat the yolks with a whisk and add the granulated sugar and white super-fine sugar. Mix carefully, but don't make it too frothy. Remove the vanilla pods from the milk and cream and pour the warm mixture into the beaten yolks, constantly stirring. Let the mixture rest for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fill the oven dishes with the mixture. Cook the crème brûlées for 50 minutes at 90 degrees. You can test how it's set by shaking the dish gently. Let them cool fully.
- Mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar candy in the blender or mincer. You now have the ideal sugar mixture for the crunchy layer. Sprinkle a fine layer of sugar on each dish and caramelize the sugar using a small kitchen blowtorch. The sugar should melt and caramelize, but must not burn.
- Garnish the crème brûlées with the berries and, if you like, some spun sugar.